WOMAN❤️WORDS

A blog about words by a woman who loves them & believes in the power of words & inspiration.

Monday 2 November 2015

ANGELS

THE GOLDEN FLOWER

WHEN I TRAVELLED  BALI , I FELL  IN LOVE WITH THE PLACE AND THE PEOPLE ONE CUSTOM THAT TOUCHED ME THE MOST WAS THEY DAILY OFFERINGS OF GRATITUDE , LITTLE BASKETS OF FLOWERS WHERE  EVERYWHERE, ON THE BEACH, THE SHOPFRONTS, WELL AS I SAID EVERYWHERE.

After the Angel class I started keeping my Angel diary of gratitude.This was not always easy because it was one of those tough years , a breakup , my children living on the other side of the world and my Dad passed away a year of losses.


Many of the things I wrote was just pouring out of my broken soul and I didn't even register half the time what was falling on the pages.


 One  night or to be more precise 4am in the morning I got a call from Scousy  (on, off relationship, off at the time ) telling me that our dog who we got as a puppy and now was only 3 was very ill. Over the last few years he had been getting kidney infections. I rushed over and yes Benni the dogg (his full name) was truly hallucinating his kidneys has collapsed. 


The next morning we all got in the car distraught with heartache, Dogg laying by my feet, we were taking him to the vet knowing it was time to let him go.

STOP THE CAR I shouted , baffled by my outburst Scousy questioned 'but why?' Please just stop I said, I need to take a offering. He stopped I jumped out of the car and on the side of the road was Daffodils I grabbed 4 and jumped back in.

I strung the stems through my fingers not wanting  to crush the flowers  and as I looked down through my tears the 4 daffodils blurred into ONE and the GOLDEN FLOWER appeared in my hands.

Make of this what you want but I truly believe this was the Angels golden flower.


We stayed with Benni the Dogg as he passed over and put his ashes in his favourite spot where every spring bunches of Daffodils appear  to my delight 

A few months later I picked up my angel diary which was now forgotten at the back of a drawer and started reading bits I had written, one of my last entry's the Sunday before Dogg passed was a request ANGELS I had written 'please take away Benni the Doggs pain.'  I still don't remember writing this but it seems the Angels did.

There is one more part to this story and then I will move onto another word.


No comments:

Post a Comment